Institution’s international strategy
After some years sucessfully promoting movility and exchange among institutions in different European countries within the Continous Learning Program (LLP); and the excelent results achieved, IESLa Guanchafeels encouraged to apply for the Erasmus Letter (2014-2020) in order to keep on offering its teachers and students the opportunity for active participation in projects of trans-national movility aimed to better their profesional and linguistic competences as well as a acquiring a deeper knowledge of the labor, professional and cultural maket of neighbouring countries.
The inter-institutional relationships laid through the projects of movility Erasmus will boost the European and internatioanl dimension of our center, specially relevant when considering the Canary Islands as an ultra-periferic area, far from the European continent and scattered because of its double island status.
The partner selection will fit the profesional profile of students and teachers ensuring the harnessing from their stay in the host country. The best option to contact possible partners is the participation in seminars of contacts visits forarrangements as well as the presence in meetings for coordiantion, organized by the DFGP-EA of the Canary Government, where several centers of the province share experiences and contacts.
We are mainly interested in partners from English, French or German speaking countries, as well as emergent or developing countries with a laboral and profesional interest for students and teachers or with leading companies related to the students’ and teachers’ training.
The participation of IESLa Guanchain the development of the Erasmus programs is included in its strategic plan of modernizing and internalisation under the following basic principles:
- To foster and promote the active engagement of teachers and students in Erasmus projects.
- To guarantee the free participation based on equal terms and no discrimination.
- To guarantee the clarity, objectivity and imparciality in the development of the project.
- The personal and academic acknowledgment of the activities conducted in movility.
The aims that are to be achieved are:
- To improve the students’ personal and profesional education.
- To make students complete their academic education studying the Formation at workplace (FCT) in companies of the EU; to validate and recognize that formation through the procedures established by the shipping center.
- To improve the teachers’ profesional/personal formation by the acquisition of new professional competences by the exchange of experiences, knowledges and procedures with the teachers’ staff of the participants in this project.
- To ease students and teachers the knowledge of the economic, cultural and social background of the hosting countries.
- To improve the linguistic competence.
- To patronize our students’/teachers’ labor trans-national movility.
All those students of the second course of a CFGS, and in access arragement to the FCT, will be likely to engage in Erasmus movility. They are encouraged to participate, emphasizing the importance that this experience will have in their personal life and the enrichment for their profesional curriculum. We consider the implication of students from previous years quite importante in this respect.
All the teachers interested in developing formation projects with professional people of the partner institutions, will be able to participate, too. They are encouraged to engage in the project by talking about the profesional and personal benefits for their teaching practice.
In order to assure the success of movilities, participants can enroll in courses for linguistic training in the language they will use at work at the hosting country. The previous cultural training will be organized by the centre with activities oriented towards a better knowledge of the social, economic and cultural background of the hosting country.
According to the regulations, our center will apply the equivalences for the Formation at workplace by means of the European credits ECTS. After a positive mark by the tutor of the FCT, the center will validate the formative practices carried our within the project according to the percentage of the FCT,. The mark obtained will appear in the report card and it will give option to get the grade certificate.
To inform about the Erasmus program as well as the results obtained, the following media will be used:
- The “Erasmus-Corner” (informative panel)
- The web of the center.
- Publications in the center.
- Local and regional media.
- Multi-media activities (blog, picture gallery, video, etc) conducted by particpants.
- Talks and meetings within the educational community.